Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 4 of Vaca - The Threadway

Hanging with the kids in the morning is a good way to wake up!





The Threadway - Mixed Granite climbing, seems a bit loose
I took too much gear and my camera without the camera bag. So I had a hard time making it down the hand-over-hand rope into the canyon and then couldn't quite make it across the creek-and was worried about the camera. We decided to climb on the easier side of the stream, which turned out to be a good idea. The routes were a little headier than we were used to (who am I kidding, I can't remember the last time I climbed routes). The pictures make the rock look really solid so don't call me a liar. This is more of a traditional area. You climb right next to the stream and can hardly hear your partner when he reaches the top of a climb. Got a couple pics but not many...


Suzanne on 10a


Suzanne near the crux. See that perdy Sterling rope.


Me on a really good 10+

Sorry, no more photos. Lots of fly fishermen here. Rich would have rather brought his fishing pole than his harness.