Saturday, September 27, 2008

OMG !!!!

My hands are stinging...nothing like climbing dacite overhanging crack without tape...owe! I've had a lot of great climbing days lately, but I'd have to say this was the best. These routes at the area on Elden are pretty much the best routes I've been on since I don't know when. Everything from 5.9 to 5.11 is ultra-classic. Felt like I was getting sick, but once I conquered the hike nothing was stopping me from climbing. This is Rich at the start of his first route. He's digging it already.



Looking up at three of the routes we did. They are even better than they look. Bomber gear.


This pic is for Jamie. Rich is still working on his technique, Jamie. Can you come help him??

Climbed til' I was shakey, hungry and weak. It appeared to be nearing dusk, though it wasn't as late as we thought. So beautiful, pretty quiet -- I didn't mind the howling dogs -- made me laugh and can't think of anything I'd rather be doing besides climbing here with my man! Thanks guys! To bed at 8 ... so le tired.