Sunday, September 14, 2008

Into the Twilight Zone...


We were sitting on a rock beneath the Twilight Zone, and all thinking it was nap time...then Stan and Margot walked up. Stan started telling me all about the route he first sent at the age of 15 - Twilight Zone! I was intimidated, but racked up. Even though I thought I'd taken plenty of gear, I ran out of big gear at the top where it gets bigger. I put two cams in - each on just two of the four cams, had a few words with myself about how I wasn't going to fall off anyway, took a deep breath and continued up. It didn't really take until the third time I did that (up and down climbed a bit). I didn't really want to have a crowd, but all the encouragement surely got me up it. The day had already been great, but this route was definitely the highlight! Thanks Stan for the push!