Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WOOOOOOOOO!!! YEAH!!! HAAAA!


I am so emotional about the Obama win, nearing tears all morning, as I listened to the news. I have never been so proud to be an American and from INDIANA - first time they were blue state since 1964!!! The words that come to my mind when I think of our new president and the country that voted for him are pride, integrity, hope, honesty, responsibility. It feels like a new era of positive thinking.

Last night I was listening to NPR talk about the tragic state of the Republicans and the good fortune of the Democrats (due to the economic problems of late). It seems we are continually pinned against each other. This is the first time I have felt we have the chance to be for one cause - AMERICA - not blues or reds.

I also have hope for foreign affairs. In past years I chose to pretend I was Canadian while visiting other countries, not because I did not want to be American, but because we were not liked in the places I went. I learned from those I became close with it was because they could not understand how America could vote for Bush and go along with certain policies, actions and gluttony in the face global warming, starvation, oil shortages.

I have hope. Thank you America (and Indiana) for voting for Obama!